Wednesday, December 22, 2010

"Guys, I'm getting a little frosty here..."

Been a while since I've posted anything. Work has consumed my life since Thanksgiving and I just wrapped things up at OCC and on top of all that I was sick all of last week. Hopefully I will be able to relax and get some stuff done over Christmas break. I got accepted to CCS earlier this month and have registered for classes in January and am currently working out how I'm going to pay for it which I'm sure will be interesting. I've gushed about this elsewhere but it is pretty thrilling to finally be going to school for the one thing I've wanted to go to school for since I was like 12.

One project I have been working on is an archive of Royal Oak music/etc over at my Tumblr. I cleaned out my room the other day and found tons of flyers, setlists, posters, photos and other various artifacts of interest from the past 8+ years. I will be scanning most of it and putting things on there with a write up about whatever it is. Check it out if you want a history lesson.

And on a related note, in a twist of events it turns out that I spoke too soon regarding the closing of Oberweis. The Royal Oak store has indeed shut its doors for good as of 11/24/10 so it looks like my essay on its rise and fall can continue as planned. I'll get to it someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment