Tuesday, March 1, 2011

First Semester at CCS.

It's been a little while since I've updated. Since my last post, I've started at CCS and have been focusing most of my energy towards that and have sort of neglected to do anything for my own pleasure. I do have a few new pieces I've started and will probably get around to those soon. I love CCS and have been doing really well so far which makes me feel that I'll be able to handle it fine in the future. After this semester I only have one more foundation to take and then I can start digging into the Illustration classes. I'm going nuts with anticipation. Here's a couple things I've done so far that didn't turn out half bad:



This was for Design Concepts I. A basic shape exercise where we had to play around with scale and depth as well as positive and negative space. Everyone seemed to like it. Someone said it reminded them of a video game. I could have put more shapes in to get really complex, but got a bit lazy towards the end.



This was for Digital Fundamentals. A vector portrait made in Illustrator. I had never used Illustrator or Photoshop before this class, so this was extra exciting for me when it was done and didn't look like total crap.

I also did a line project for Design Concepts that I am particularly pleased with, but was unable to snap a photo before turning it in. I'll post it later. Spring Break starts soon. I am going to Seattle with Sarah for a week. I will probably post pictures + an update when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment