Monday, July 18, 2011

Psychedelic Girls

I don't really like posting unfinished work, but I guess that's what a blog is for. I've been working on this girl off and on for a few weeks now. No ideas and I keep getting stuck. I want to start exploring more complex textures and patterns. I love seeing insane detail in illustrations and paintings. Every now and then I'll get discouraged that I can't really draw things very realistically. I know I probably could if I put in the time and effort and practice. It was kind of a downer to walk through the end of the year show and see some fresh out of high school kid accurately render a skull in three point perspective. I am always too hard on myself though and it probably isn't a big deal at all. I liken it to being a guitarist and someone who knows every scale and mode and can play sweep arpeggios; it's cool if you can do that, but it's not everyone's style.







No comments:

Post a Comment