Thursday, April 12, 2012

Evolution of a Face

Here are the recent changes I've been making to the mouth. It's coming along nicely and it should be done relatively soon. Added a slight aquatint to the background and some details and shadows on the face which is just painting the nitric acid directly onto the plate with a brush to get sort of a washy effect. It is every bit as nasty as I hoped it would be and I still have time to take it even further. The last proof of the girl in her undies was just something I made to mess around but will probably develop into a real print if I have time. I will most likely use lace or fabric and transfer the texture to the plate via soft ground. Only a couple more weeks left in the semester, I have four papers to write, a sculpture to finish, and have to do an edition of one of my plates. The pressure is on.








No comments:

Post a Comment